I don’t know about you, but here at Bakers Anonymous, the weather has been NOT conducive to baking anything. And even though we went no-bake last week, the thought of turning on the gas oven and to bake cookies (which I really wanted to do) was unbearable. So, after a little bit of digging, I uncovered this recipe from Babble.com’s Family Kitchen. I stripped away all the frills to get to the core of the recipe; it turns out that this candy is perfect for extra additions like almond extract, nuts, coconut, even mini chocolate chips! We’ll save all of that for next time.
Double Chocolate Truffle Cups
1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 C milk chocolate chips
1/2 C heavy cream
1 C white chocolate chips
Any toppings or additions you want
1. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, mix together the semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips with the heavy cream. Microwave for 40 to 50 seconds.
2. Stir the mixture together until the chocolate is fully incorporated with the heavy cream.
3. Scoop mixture into a plastic zip bag and cut off one corner. Pipe into candy cups. Fill about three-quarters full.
4. Let sit in the fridge for about 10 to 15 minutes.
5. Microwave the one cup of white chocolate chips for about 40 seconds. Remove from the microwave and stir smooth.
6. Scoop mixture into another plastic zip bag, cutting off a corner. Pipe the white chocolate in a spiral pattern (hopefully better than I did).
7. Set back in the fridge until the whole truffle has set. After that, you can keep them covered, on the counter or serve immediately.
Makes about 15 pieces, depending on how you spread the mixture.